Thursday, March 08, 2007

Writing is a Tease

Why is it now that I am in sight of the elusive 50,000 word milestone and have my writing energy back that I don't seem to have any time to write YET last week when I had time to write, I didn't write. There is something odd about the universe I've decided - it couldn't possibly be me could it? Maybe my Chakras are out of alignment or the moon eclipse is having a freaky impact. I have decided that this is what is going on. Last week the gray skies were getting me down and I'd used up all my reserves of summer energy that I store to get me through the winter - the result was I had no energy for anything. This week with the sun shinning and spring within sniffing distance I have energy again. So far so good - but then that weird thing happened. You start to do one thing and feel good about it - in my case it was working on my novel again and as a result of that momentum other things start to happen and you get the snowball effect.
Result is - this week lots of energy - lots of things on the go - equals no time to write!!!!
Goal for next week - Make it to 50,000 words - by either getting up earlier or going to bed later - I shall create more time.

2 comments:

Andrea Samuelson said...

Novices make me think of nuns. And you are the least nunlike person I know!!! I really hope this time next year you'll be forced to change the name of your blog to "Experienced Novelist" as your nov walks off the bookstore shelves. just think now...2,000 words a week.... you can do it!!!

NoviceNovelist said...

Ah Anjie your comment has just brought the biggest smile posibly to my face - thank you thank you for such lovely, encouraging and kind words - I hope you're right!!!!!