Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Making the most of the day

I seem to have been given a new lease of writing life by starting my blog and the mantra I like for now is 'making the most of the day'. I find this really hard to do in February when my creative energy levels plummet. This then means I have to battle with myself daily over being lazy and undisciplined whilst another voice says 'Yes but I really need some sunshine now, my energy reserves have hit rock bottom.' I used to think that writing in the dark, winter months was great but that was before I left Australia to live in the UK. After eight winters here I'm reviewing my position on that one. I've just received an email from my gorgeous Aussie friend and in it she 'secreted a bucket load of sunshine, and a little sand from Clovelly beach (Sydney)'. It seems to have helped because despite the greyness beyond the window I am cheered on the inside. I am also buoyed by the fact that I have joined a writing community and thrilled to have had three visitors to my blog! The memory of dark February is slowly being eroded and I can almost smell Spring in the air.

3 comments:

tea and cake said...

Hello, from me, too! I've thought that the Only writing I do is on my blog. But, submersing myself within this 'writing' community is helping.
Just had a v. short playlet performed which has now spurred me on.
Will deffo be joining the novelists, now.
Right you, back to clicking on that spellcheck! Good Luck, kaz :o)

Unknown said...

Glad the writing is kicking off for you. keep it up and send some of the Aussie sunshine this way!

NoviceNovelist said...

It's glorious here in East Sussex today Liz - could almost be in Oz!!!!!