Monday, March 26, 2007

A few more words

I have written about 600 words today I think. I'm following the tip of little and often - thanks Liz - and it seems to have given me a surge of writing energy. The plan is now to maintain it! I am perplexed about some of the technical aspects of blogging and shall try and get to grips with A: when I mentionn someone, such as Liz above how do I give a link to their blog? And B how do I make the word meter show 85,000 rather than 85 which doesn't look as impressive so therefore not as motivating. I shall ponder thses when I have time and hopefully work them out.
So much to learn!!!!

4 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Little and often worked for me, glad to see it's working for you too. I don't know about the word meter, but I may be able to help with the link thing: when you're creating a post in Blogger, you can highlight a word or phrase or sentence and then click on one of the buttons in the 'create post' toolbar, it's a green blobby thing and if you hold the cursor over it a little box will say 'link', clicking on it will bring up a box titled 'Hyperlink' and you can copy and paste a URL into that from a different tab or browser window. Then it will, as if by magic, connect the link to the words you highlighted. (I still don't know how to make links in comments boxes though, must get someone to explain it sometime... I'm not really a techie at all!) Good luck.

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks Zinnia - I shall put your helpful instructions to the test when I'm feeling confident in a technical sense - that is defnitely not today!! Must be a full moon or something coming up - I am all at sea in a practical way!!!

Marie said...

I'm finding that writing little and often works for me too.

Good luck with your novel.

Kate.Kingsley said...

"Little and often" ~ I am making this my new mantra, as I often put off writing because I don't have a substantial chunk of time to set aside for it ~ great advice, thanks!