Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cracking the Bubbly

I did it - My glass ceiling of 50,000 words has been cracked, shattered, smashed and annihilated!!!!! Those 59 words that got me over the mark are the sweetest words I have ever written. I finally think I can finish this story. I reckon about 30,000 to go and I'm done. I'm off to the gym now to use my writing high to get me through the slog of a workout. I'll have my music up loud and know I'm returning to a bottle of chilled bubbly. I feel like I've earned it!!! That's my Saturday night taken care off. Husband cooking and me slurping with a silly, happy grin on my face. Hope your Sat night is also a good one!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Now get back to work! ;-)

Seriously, good job--you can do this thing!

I'll be looking forward to hearing about your progress... Maybe your hubby will take you out when you wrap up the whole thing :-)

Celebrating milestones (even in small ways) is so important!

~Saoirse

sheepish said...

Well done, I've been finding it difficult to get down to writing for the last week so it's good to see a fellow racer making such great progress. It's a lovely spring day here so I hope it will inspire me to be productive. Now where is my pen?

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Very, very well done. And welcome to the novel race!

Jay said...

So, so, so good for you!


(trying not to be jealous)

Jenny Beattie said...

Wow, that's fantastic - I can but dream. I'm sure you'll keep it up if the blogging and race has enthused you.

All the best
JJ

Unknown said...

Fantastic. it feels so good doesn't it!!!

NoviceNovelist said...

Oh how lovely to pop in and find words of support and empathy. I have not managed to add to my word count this week due to work/life again!!!! But it is bubbling away in my head. I think for me the worst part of writing this novel is when the characters dissappeared and the day dreaming stopped. It was really strange as though all the energy was just sapped from me about the story. But now they're back, the sun is shinning and my next target is 60,000 - WOW that will be amazing!!! Happy Writing everyone!!!