Friday, April 13, 2007

Lost Post and a bit of string

I've had a week of internet problems - I still have them but am working around them using a bit of old string and some shiny cellophane paper - standing on my head also seems to be helping. I wrote a heartfelt post y'day and lost it. I feel deflated. I'm so glad it's not a full moon as well as Friday 13th. I'm having one of those days where I shouldn't be reading Mslexia or any other publication that is discussing writing - I am having a moment of lost perspective with regards to my writing. I think it is to do with my internet problems actually. I have spent many hours faffing around and have finally resorted to booking a call out with my very good but very expensive IT Guru. He can't come until Tuesday so I hope the bit of string and shiny paper hold out until then. It is the worst aspect of having your office based at home with no IT Guru within cooe distance. I am proud at least that I have bypassed the problem for now. I shall cheer up and be grateful that I have internet again. I shall go and visit some more writers blogs which will help me feel less isolated. Whatever did I do before the internet?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's only one more day until your knight in shining armour arrives to save your computer......the kids are watching Shrek :-)

Hope you're feeling better!

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks Liz - much happier - the sun is shinning and it's warm - the garden beckons! I love Shrek - I watched it with my small neices last year and it was a blast.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Fingers crossed it gets sorted today. I don't know what any of us did before the Internet, a friend and I were having that very conversation just last night.

NoviceNovelist said...

We must have existed in a very barren world Zinnia!!! - I can't remember what my displacement activty for not writing was before there were blogs to be read.