Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blistering Session

Can there be anything that feels as good as a few hours of writing where you actually wrote rather than made copious cups of coffee, scrubbed the kitched floor, read writers blogs or tacked the pile of ironing that has sat there quite happily for months? Well there might be a couple of things that come close - but for sheer creative pleasure this is the most exhilarating feeling. My word count has hit 60,000 and I actually feel like I moved the story on. Maybe the antihistimine I washed down with a large latte gave me a boost. Whatever it was, I love it! Well I must now return to the real world as my hay fever has turned my eyes into mad, itchy, burning orbs - not pleasant! Looking at the computer screen has now become impossible. So much for the antihistimine. But despite my suffering I am deliriously happy!!!! And what I really want now is to go shopping and buy something new to wear. Maybe I'll just pop to Matalan or visit 'George' at Asda for something cheap that won't break the bank but still give me a little hit! Or maybe I'll just go to the pharmacy and see if they've got something stronger!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to Go!!!! What an excellant feeling. Oh, you have made my day. I might have to join you in the budget shopping spree!!!

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks Liz - actually had the shopping spree at TESCO - spent about £60 and came home with 5 really great summer tops - AND they even looked ok in the cold, harsh light of the next day! Oh that was a perfect day writing and shopping - girl heaven!