Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Trying to be good


My lovely pots are still blooming!

I'm trying to be good today and not fritter time away by blogging or reading blogs but it is so dam addictive reading other writer's blogs. They all have such a unique take on the craft, the process and the 'hanging in there no matter what.' I like to hear the same encouraging words about the writing process from lots of different 'voices' because we all phrase it in different ways and sometimes you can hear the same piece of advice 5 times and yet it only sinks in from one person. It's great when you make that connection and finally you get it.

I was feeling very grumpy yesterday and quite discouraged about my ability to get my second draft completed - I feel heaps happier today - partly due to my lovely husband who is always supportive and partly due to the natural rhythm of life where 'this too shall come to pass' applies - in my case my glum mood. I also feel cheered by reading some writer's blogs to start this sunny day. So, now I'm off to write!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I try an limit my 'blog' time to certain periods in the day. I write mine and scan a few twenty minutes to a half before writing, then next chance is when I break nd agin limit the time and finally again in the evening. I don't know what my routine will be once I'm in Dubai but I imagine the same.

Good luck on the second draft and I know what you mean about hearing the same thing five times and then it sinks in :-)

Lane Mathias said...

Before I started blogging I used to read all the tabloid papers on-line before I settled down to write. Now I have a wander around the blogs which is far more inspirational:))

Your pots look great and all the best with the second draft:))

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks Liz and Lane - I have defnitely worked out I would have more time (maybe even a couple of hours - shok horror!!) for writing if I limit my online wanderings to specific 'break times' - sometimes it's just too easy to wander - too many interesting blogs to visit!!!