Sunday, September 02, 2007

Petit Posting

I have just spent a delicious afternoon indulging in retail therapy with my husband - who loves shopping just as much as I do. Sometimes I have to jump up and down and cry 'it's my turn now' you have to look at me in these jeans/shoes etc. He did very well today and I did OK. There was a fab French market up on the sea front and I dropped an easy £40 in an hour - came home laden with bread, cheese, strawberries, tartes, 2 fancy watches (for a tener!!) and a bag. Oh and just to top it off I had a lovely flirt with a cute Frenchman - The conversation went like zis:

I said 'Bonjour' in my best schoolgirl English - he said 'Oh are you french?' I wanted to roar with laughter but didn't - how mature am I!!!!! Instead I said 'No, I'm Australian.' He said 'Oh you are a long way from 'om.' He batted his eyelashes at me (much more impressive than mine!!!) I batted mine back and we parted with 'Au Revoir.' I know it wasn't the most amazing conversation ever to have occurred with a stranger but sooooo good for the soul - a bit of harmless flirting on a sunny afternoon with a man in possession of a sexy accent.

Off now to indulge in olive bread, brie and a glass of chilled pinot grigio!!!
Ahhhh I love Sunday Afternoons!!!

4 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Now that sounds like a perfect Sunday afternoon....seaside, shopping,food frenchmen, flirting and wine.. *sigh*

NoviceNovelist said...

Oh it was good thanks - the day ended with watching two (now that is a treat!) good movies - sixty six - quirky English comedy and Dreamgirls - oh if only weekends were endless...

Unknown said...

Ditto perfect. there is something that happens to my knees when a frenchman says Elizabet......

Just wanted to says thanks for your kind words :-)

NoviceNovelist said...

You're most welcome to words of support Liz - glad to see you are feeling happier over on your blog - Ah yes the knee reaction to ze french accent AAAhhhhh...