Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Morning

Anyone who knows me well understands that I am not a morning person - perhaps I'm still rebelling against my 6am birth. It's just after 0900 on Sunday morning and this is usually my lie in day but not this morning. I think it was the thought of fresh fruit bread waiting to be toasted and spread with strawberry jam that drove me out of bed and done to the kitchen. It was heavenly!

I'm now watching a woman feeding the two swans and many ducks that reside on the little stretch of water behind our house. Next to early mornings birds are the other 'thing' that worry me. I think that one comes from being left in the middle of Trafalgar square at the age of 2 strapped into my pushchair while my Mother stepped back to take the photo. Sheer terror was definitely the look on my face.

The swans and ducks look very satisfied out there and if I was more confident around creatures who flap I would be willing to offer them some of my fruit bread. But as they say 'like that's ever gonna happen!'

I think it might be time for a mid morning nap.

No comments: