Tuesday, September 02, 2008

On my mind

I Know we talk about this over on the novel racers website from time to time and it's playing on my mind at the moment. I work full time in a 'sensible' job and over the last year the idea has ben prying on me that I'd love to cut down my hours and write more. I'm wondering how I move from 'loving' the idea in a romantic sense to making it a practical life change that I can live with. I used to think that I had to prove myself by writing more (which I've done) and making some money from fiction (which I haven't done) - then and only then could I justify it.

I have no answers at present - just pondering!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've just had a 9 day fortnight approved at work. It means that I work a bit longer most days, but I have a day to myself every other week. I'm really chuffed :)

I'd love to actually drop a day a week, but it's just not possible for me at the mo.

Hope things are going well.

NoviceNovelist said...

That sounds like a great start B and in fact you;ve given me something to think about with that idea. Even one whole day a fortnight would be great!

Hope it goes well for you.

Beth said...

it's the first of my days off today. haven't done *much* with it, but did do several hundred words over a cuppa in a cafe earlier. it was great :)