Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Domestic Try hard

I'm not much of a domestic goddess - I'm more of a 'tries hard but could do better,' then I go off the idea completely until I walk through a cobweb or something hideous like that. I then attack with the Mister Sheen as though I was Arnie waving an Ouzie around. One thing I have perfected though is the BEST chocolate cake in the whole world. You will see from the photo that its never going to earn a spot in a cake shop window but it is DELICIOUS. It comes from an Aussie cook book and there is a little comment from the writer's next to the recipe that says 'this is the best chocolate cake ever.' How could I resist? I've made it several times over the past couple of years and it is the lightest, yummiest cake. It has vinegar in it which sounds bizarre to me and I've no idea what the vinegar does but it works!

7 comments:

Sarah*G* said...

Oh that looks yummy! I could do with a slice of that! Can you find the recipe online? Please say yes!

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh yum, gosh that looks good. The cakes here in Bangkok are mostly disgusting. They look beautiful but taste of shaving foam and sugar. MMMMmmmm. Nice not.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Iiiiiii waaaaaaaaaant sooooooome *stamps foot*

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I would love a piece of that right now, it looks heavenly.

NoviceNovelist said...

The cake was delcicious, the last crumbs have been licked! Sarah g - I will attempt some technical wizardy and try and get the recipe here - it won't be until after sept 29th though as I'm away for a bit!

Chris Stovell said...

I could really do with aslice (or three) of that now! Congrats on your placing in the Winchester Writers' comp. Well done.

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, I want that recipe right now!!