Friday, August 15, 2008

It's the little things...




Every time I come back from Oz apart from missing my family & friends I miss certain foods. I try and jam my suitcase with the priority items like Snack Chocolate bars (each piece of the bar has a different filling like pineapple, turkish delight etc). My fav missed foods are Nutrigrain breakfast cereal and chicken in a biscuit crackers (not wholesome at all but strangely compelling!!!). I also used to love making apricot chicken but I could never find apricot nectar/juice to make it with. I'm only back 5 days and I had to give in to temptation and place an online order with the Australian shop in Covent garden. I am counting the days until my goodies arrive!

6 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

When I used to visit family in South Africa I had to bring back large jars of Mrs Halls Chutney for my sister who had moved to the UK.

I couldn't do that now with all the security restrictions in place.

NoviceNovelist said...

It just has to be done doesn't it! Food is such an integral part of who we are and where we come from. I hope your sister found a 'local' suppier of Mrs Halls Chutney - great name!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Oh, hello, you're back! Glad you had a good trip and an UPGRADE, wow!!! Seems to me those five days will be up tomorrow so not much longer to wait.

NoviceNovelist said...

Hi Zinnia, Good to hear from you. Bad news on the 'food' order - they're out of nutrigrain and chicken in a biscuit - SHOCK HORROR! I'll have to wait an extra few weeks for my fix! Still on a high from the upgrade though - shallow girl that I am!!!!

Chris Stovell said...

But did you play with Alphie? Hope you got lots of inspiration for writing whilst you were away... business class, I'm impressed!

NoviceNovelist said...

HI Chrish - Alphie was my constant companion!!! Got a bit of writing done - still in love with it!