Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dream Time

This is the Hawksbury River on the central coast of NSW. It is so tranquil here and my friend drove me to this spot to show me a very ordinary house with an extraordinary view from its garden - this is the view. Two elderly sisters live there and have done so for about 50 years. Their garden is huge and we fantasised about building a secret log cabin at the bottom of the garden to go and write in. They would probably never notice as they have so much land. The silence here is incredible - just the sound of birds at sunrise and sunset. Bliss.
You have to dream!

5 comments:

CL Taylor said...

Wow that's an extraordinary view. That said I don't think I'd ever get any writing done I'd just be gazing, gazing, gazing!

Lane Mathias said...

That is sooo beautiful!

NoviceNovelist said...

It is pretty spectacular - yes a great spot for gazing, thinking, drinking, munching - I think I usually call that writing research!!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

What bliss to live with such a view for 50 years, heavenly.

NoviceNovelist said...

I'm dreaming of it Debs - if I get there quick I might manage 50 years - if I give up chocolate, alcohol and start excercising!!!!!