Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Slogging Away

I'm still determined to make the Daily Mail contest deadline. I'm off to the Winchester writer's confr on Thur evening so I need to get my novel in the post by then. I'm on 76,000 words and it will be around 82,000 when done. It's been a really strange process as some of the sections are on their second and third drafts whilst others are still first and about 4,000 words are unwritten!!! I know what is going to happen just have to get it down. It's been good to have this deadline to aim for though otherwise I think I might have hung around and taken ages to finish it. It has really sharpened me up and given me a focus. The exciting bit though will be coming back to it in a couple of weeks and really begin to finish it. I'm looking forward to that. Off to have a break now though as I'm cross eyed and in need of sustenance!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so pleased for you! Enjoy the break and bring on the jiffy bags!

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks Liz - back to the slog after my 'wimbleton' break!

CL Taylor said...

Oooh - go for it. You're so nearly there!