Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I Did It !!!!!

I can't believe I did it - I just finished a first draft of my first novel - I feel like I have RSI and I don't know whether to laugh, cry or scream. I haven't eaten properly for 2 days and I think I have bedsores from lying here typing. I also haven't left the house for 2 days so can't remember what fresh air feels like. I'm going straight out to buy a jiffy bag or box at staples and then off to Sainsbury's. I have a craving for Tuna, roasted vegetables and something chocolaty for dessert. My husband is due home from Scotland tonight so I feel I better make an effort and brush my hair or something!

Wow - feel like I have just run a marathon!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WTG!!! I'm so proud of you! Enjoy the feeling :-)

Lucy Diamond said...

WELL DONE!! What an achievement. You must be over the moon. Hooray!!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

THAT is FANTASTIC news, very very very well done indeed.

CL Taylor said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!

Well done!

Go out and treat yourself to something naughty and nice. And champagne - tell the hubbie it's to celebrate him coming home ;o)

Now you're a "I've written a novel" person rather than one of the very many "I'd like to write a novel" people. Many congrats (I'm hanging onto your coat tails here and trying to get mine finished too!)

NoviceNovelist said...

Thank you Liz, Lucy, zinnia and ctaylor for your lovely comments here - it's an extraordinary feeling to know I can go the distance and geta first draft down!!!!

Kate.Kingsley said...

Mega congrats on getting that first draft done & dusted! Brilliant stuff!

best wishes
Kate K