Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Getting there

Just a quickie post to say I'm so excited my word count is moving - it's a bit slow for my liking at the moment but at least it is moving and this is giving me energy to keep going. I'm off to London on thur to do an intenseive one day time managament course whihc I'm really looking forward to. I'm hoping it will give me some tricks and tips on how to get the most out of my day and create more time for writing! They just better not tell me to stop blogging or reading blogs - I couldn't do that - reading other writer's blogs and finding supportive comments on mine really keeps me going. I've also just received my copy of Wanna be a writer? which is full of really practical suggestions for finding time to write and so much more. Really loving it. Off to the gym to help keep 'writer's bum' from spreading any further!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on the word count and PLEASE give a report of the time management course.......I so need it :-)

Rowan Coleman said...

Hello there! you are doing really well, I'm impressed. It's a mountain to climb, but I found writing my first novel such fun and so free! that's not to say that following novels aren't wonderful to write - they are, but in a different ohmygodthisismyjobhowluckyami? sort of way. With you first novel you've had a whole lifetime to think about often, in my case it was finished in my head before I started writing it and it was more just a case of typing it out! Oh those were the days....

Chris Stovell said...

Well done on your progress, good to read how well someone's doing when I'm soooo stuck!

Jen said...

Ugh, don't mention 'writer's bum' - my behind is slowly sliding down my legs. A traumatic business this writing lark, isn't it?!

I must order a copy of 'Wannabe...' - I've just read one of Jane Wenham-Jones' novels. It was very ccomplished - just makes it all look so easy, grrrrrrrr

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks Rowan for the encouragement - you are so right I have lived with thses characters for a while - I really want to finish it now so I can see the whole thing instead of just having the last bits in my head - very excitingt!

Chrish - you will become unstuck again!!! Hang in there - I've been stuck a few times and always find a way out again!

My gym session was rather pathetic Jen so writer's bum is also becoming writer's tum!!! Eating the 'father's day' choccies hasn't really helped either!! I'm really enjoying wanna... giving me a laugh

NoviceNovelist said...

Liz, I will give a summary of the time man course - when I have time!! Sorry I couldn't resist that - but I will!!!!

Kate.Kingsley said...

Well done on the word count!

And do share some of your time management tips with us, please.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Hi, I'm here on a semi-official visit from the novel racers to say, first, thanks for your support for the race through the coffee breaks and, second, please could you put us all on your sidebar? There are three ways that I know to do this: www.blogrolling.com which I use because it's easy, free, and compatible with blogger; through blogger itself; or with code written by B.E.Sanderson which is available on request by email. And after today's course, you'll have no problem finding the time to investigate those options! ;-) Thanks.