Monday, May 07, 2007

Bleak Monday

Today was meant to be a gardening day but instead it's only 5pm and I'm in my pyjamas, tucked up on the sofa waiting for the central heating to kick in. Does this sound like spring? Not to me. Though the garden definitely believes it is and is in dire need of pruning and shaping - but not today. The wind and rain are lashing against the windows. It's definitely time for a glass of bubbly. It was meant to be the reward for a hard day's toil in the garden but what the hell - it's chilled now and just begging to be corked!

3 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Do you think we've had spring AND summer, and now it's autumn? Feels a bit like it to me - chilly, blowy, showery. Glass of bubbly excellent plan!

Unknown said...

Ditto what Zinnia said! Where did it disappear too?

NoviceNovelist said...

Ah now I can't believe it's thur!!!
Someone is nicking time I suspect!