Monday, February 02, 2009

Snowy start to Feb

Well this is a strange sight - it's been snowing now continuously for 5 hours!!! I've never seen that happen in the South of England in the time I've lived here. My cousin arrived from Sydney last week and she left behind a heat wave - to say she is mildly surprised and bemused is an understatement!!!! My husband was meant to fly to Amsterdam this morning but he and his suitcase are still here. It'll be take 2 tomorrow!!!! Off for more coffee - need the warmth and caffeine - my early morning duty today was to stay glued to to the TV whilst checking online and listening to the local radio station for weather/travel news - whilst husband debated his chances of making it to the airport. I'm ready for a nap now!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I do so miss snow days - they are imprinted on my soul from childhood! Enjoy for me and see if you can squeeze in a snow angel pls!
lx

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

And it's snowing again today. I have to say I'm not keen, it looks pretty but it's a damn nuisance.

NoviceNovelist said...

Hi Liz & Zinnia - it's hard to keep up with the weather at the moment!!! Hope you're both warm and snug whereever you are!!!