Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Next Steps

I've woken up today with more energy than I've had for ages. I haven't written regularly now for over 3 months due to my family situation and I feel it is time to get a routine happening again. I have been home from Australia for a week and I'm still filled with joy not to have to rummage in a suitcase for anything I want. After 3 months of living out of a suitcase it is really exciting to open a cupboard and extract what I need. I'm not that thrilled about winter clothes though - I miss the freedom of flip flops and floaty cotton dresses - bring on summer.

What I need now is a plan for my writing. Novel No 1 - Support Act needs a complete overhaul. I sent it out to one agent and had a rejection and I knew in my heart that it wasn't quite ready but I sent it anyway. Lesson Learnt - be patient. I want to start novel 2 as I feel the need to get on with it - and have decided to edit Support Act and write the new one at the same time. That's the plan.

My lovely husband returns from Italy tonight and I'm determined to make an untried dish for dinner. I'm going to have a crack at a yummy sounding Minestrone soup with bits of crumbled up bread on top which you dip in olive oil and garlic and then bake in the oven. Sounds really tasty. I feel it is the least I can do as he is bringing me a box of 100 handmade Italian chocolates and a chunk of fresh Parmesan cheese. Apparently I nearly had a gorgeous black cashmere cardigan but got the cheese instead as he was worried about the size. I love the way his brain works - from cashmere to cheese just like that!

2 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Ooh yum, my sister brought me a big chunk of parmesan when she came to Bangkok. Lovely.
Enjoy.
Jjx

NoviceNovelist said...

Thanks JJ - the parmesan was grated to perfection over the very delicious minestrone! All in all a very satisfying meal.